Tuesday 8 March 2011

To Bee or not to Bee

I wasn't initially sure if I was going to get RTS Bumblebee. As someone who joined the Transformers fandom with the first movie, I missed the much praised Classics line. Thanks to the 2008 Universe line, I have plugged the Starscream shaped hole on the "classics style" shelf, and I've managed to pick up Mirage and the two pack Optimus and Megatron figures. It seemed like good news that Bumblebee was getting another release, but after the disappointment that was RTS Rodimus, I was a little wary.



I'm happy to say that I needn't have worried, Bumblebee looks and feels fine, the plastic is of the normal standard and everything is tight. The vehicle mode paintjob evokes the movie bumblebee, which may not bee to everyone's taste, but thankfully there is far less black than on the "Legacy of Bumblebee" version. As a bit of a bonus for this figure, the rear spoiler is removable, I am told this was not the case on the original. Bumblebee certainly looks better without it as far as I'm concerned. He also comes with the "wave rider" accessory, although this will be staying in the box with the spoiler for the time being.


Robot mode is small and chunky, meaning that he stands a head shorter than most of his linemates, which makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that this figure has no weapons, there are holes in his fists to accomodate them but none are included. And whilst his small size is nice, the large sections of car hanging off him make him stick out against the other Classics and Universe Autobots. None of this should stop you if you don't have a version of this mould though, Bumblebee is becoming a key character again and this is a nice figure to remind you where the killer camaro started life.

No comments:

Post a Comment