Monday 14 March 2011

A New Hole to Pour Money into!

One of my colleagues was kind enough to buy me this wonderful Warhammer 40000 Starter set as a belated birthday present. And suddenly I have a new hobby.

It certainly is a nice set, and from what I hear it is very good value, with over a thousand points worth of figures included. The majority of the figures are the brutal Orks, with 26 minitures of various sizes and three "deffcoptas". Despite their numbers, points wise the Orks are outmatched by the questionably heroic Space Marines, 16 minitures and one "dreadnought". The set also includes a general rulebook, a information booklet for the set, templates for various weapons, and two measuring sticks with rather oddly sized inches marked on them.



The minitures themselves are highly detailed and fit together without the need of glue, although you probably will need some to get them to stay on their bases. The bases are one of my biggest concerns with this set, few of the minitures fit tightly and the large base for the dreadnought hadn't had the necessary holes drilled into it, with the translucent "flying" bases for the deffcoptas being the only ones I had no problems with. I do look forward to painting and "improving" the figures (I'm going be playing orks), and if it goes well I'll be posting pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment